Friday, October 28, 2016

Update 2


Thank you for your prayers and hopes for my improvement. Indeed, things are moving forward.

I can now walk without the cane...except when I go outdoors. I take it along in case I encounter odd stairs or slopes, uneven surfaces. I'm back at the computer, typing with my old keyboard skills, and sewing quilt squares on my sewing machine. I've made a couple meatloaves but confess to doing a lot of takeout :) Lots of naps help the healing. Lots of homework exercises.

Landon and I are busy decorating for the Halloween party we are throwing for his parents. I'm vacuuming with my new Red Devil and plan to dress as a witch (The Witch Is In!)

One more month of outpatient therapy and I will be driving again.

Hurray!! Thanks again and I'll be back!

12 comments:

donna baker said...

Becky, so glad to hear of your triumphs and improvement. What a blessing.

Dewena said...

This is terrific news, Becky! I'm so happy for you! You're being so smart to cooperate with the whole recovery process. Have fun at Halloween but honestly, I can only think of you as The Good Witch!

Dewena

tammy j said...

hey little resident witch!
before you know it you will be back to all your FULL POWERS! LOL!
such good news.
a courageous and patient spirit.
can't beat that combination.
love you dearest bean! XOXO♥

Stan said...

Great news!
Thanks for the update, so glad to hear The Witch is In!
Go slow at first while riding that broomstick. . . unless flight training was covered during therapy! :)
All the best,
Stan and Kathleen

Lorlee Bartos said...

Wishing you full healing.

Steve Rolfsrud said...

Way to go Sis! Steve

Ron said...

Glad I checked your blog today. Such good news! I think of you often. Love, Linda L.

Summer said...

Such wonderful news♥ Happy Tuesday♥

Leslie said...

Becky! This is what I get for not keeping in touch with my blogging friends. I'm so sorry that I didn't know about your stroke, but so happy to read that you have had such good care and are recovering so well. Prayers, today, for a continued and complete recovery.

Linda P said...

So glad that you're making good progress, Becky, and trusting that you'll continue with that and make a complete recovery. It's satisfying to be doing some quilting with your sewing machine as I know you love being creative and involved with this beautiful craft. God bless you.

jmac said...

just checking in to see how you are!!

tammy j said...

happy thanksgiving dearest bean!
i think of you often and hope you're still doing well on your road to recovery.
i'm thankful for knowing you!
love
tam