Saturday, April 16, 2016

More Color Fun

Definitely a day brightener on a rainy morning, The Breakfast Cottage is our latest Florida find. We came upon it along the Tamiami Trail where we believed Above Board, a "silent sports" store for paddle boards and kayaks would be. Turns out, the breakfast cottage sits on the corner of the block that Above Board occupies.

 


How could we resist?
We didn't.
Nothing beats a place that serves up great food with panache and confident style!
 
Open 7 a.m. - 2 p.m., they serve breakfast all day but soups and sandwiches are an option.
Here's my grilled vegetable and provolone baguette.

10 comments:

donna baker said...

All looks fantastic.

Nib's End said...

By this time of year I am color starved. I know I can always count on you to assuage my starvling state of mind.

tammy j said...

what a cool and colorful place!
and love the name.
a great find!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

YUM!!!What fun colors!

yaya said...

Oh that looks yummy! What a fun place and I love all the color. I was just talking about orange and pink combination the other day. Is your Florida time almost over? Enjoy your week!

helen tilston said...

Becky this looks like a winning spot and such cheerful colours too.
Have a great week

Helen xx

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I recall a time when I was young and we were taking the paint off all the wood furniture and woodworking. Now it is so pretty to see a nicely painted piece whether chalked or antiqued or just bright. Perfect for those French Provincial chairs in the background. Fun.

Debbie said...

How did I miss this??? what a colorful spot to dine, and enjoy some conversation with good people.
Hope all is well, dear Becky.
Debbie
xo

rosaria williams said...

How fun! Wish I were sitting right across from you, eating that sandwich right now while my stomach is saying "get up and fix lunch, NOW!"

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

It is fun to see the orange and pink chairs. Reminds me of several restaurants during my college years. (early 70's) And ... your sandwich looks delicious.

Fondly,
Glenda