Thursday, March 17, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

A few quotes for the day of shamrocks,
 corned beef & cabbage,
and mulligatawny soup.
 
We have always found the Irish a bit odd.
 They refuse to be English.
~~Winston Churchill

Saint Patrick in stained-glass at Saint Benin's Church, Ireland
Photo: Wikipedia
 
The joyful heart sees and reads the world
with a sense of freedom and graciousness.
~~John O'Donohue
 
I try to be grateful for the abundance
of the blessings that I have,
 for the journey that I'm on
and to relish each day as a gift.
~~James McGreevey

6 comments:

rosaria williams said...

Wonderful post, just the sentiments we need.

tammy j said...

love that winnie churchill! LOLOL
and i love the irish too.
have a wonderful weekend dearest bean.
i've missed you! ♥

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Love the Churchill quote. Made me laugh.

I bought my corned beef as I usually make Reubens (highly irish dish) for a crown on the 17th of March. Never got to it this year. Enjoyed your post.

helen tilston said...

Hello Becky

Beautiful words of wisdom here. John O'Donohue is one of my favourite writers, On the day he died, I was in Ireland and listening to a "talk radio" show The outpouring of sorrow and stories was most memorable,
Hope you had a very Happy St. Patrick's Day

Helen xx

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Hello, Becky!! I hope you had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day :)

yaya said...

I'm a bit behind in blogging but I hope your day was magical!