Wednesday, February 26, 2014

St. Paddy Cake

March madness is nearly here~~Convivio Bookworks will soon turn the page of their Book of Days to list St. David's Day, Mardi Gras, the start of Daylight Saving Time, Mothering Sunday, the Ides of march, St. Patrick's Day, and the Vernal Equinox. Here in Florida, we're sleeping with windows wide open while dreaming of taking grandsons to spring training games.

Roughly mashed Yukon Gold potatoes blended with sauteed brussel sprout slices and green onions.
Meanwhile, I'm getting a jump on St. Patrick's Day 
by cooking vegetable side dishes from an Irish recipe book.

What does "March Madness" look like in your neck of the woods?
+++

10 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

In my neck of the woods (KY) March Madness is 100% basketball-related :)

rosaria williams said...

This calls for a recipe! Hope your ST. Patty's Day is true green and full of gaiety.

S. Etole said...

Still cold and snowy with basketball tournaments toward the end of March.

tammy j said...

THAT looks absolutely delicious.
i hope you do some other posts on the various 'days of' march.
not as strenuous as your advent series maybe... but
i love your knowledge and posts about special days always.
and...
oh my ... the magic words ...
open windows. CAN'T WAIT!!! xo

Nib's End said...

Does that potato paddy cake taste as good as it looks?

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Oh YUM!!! I'll celebrate them all with ya!

RuneE said...

You seem to make more out of March than we do over here, but I Wouldn't mind that cake!

yaya said...

Well, my windows do get opened when the wood burner gets us too warm....even with temps in the teens and lower and snow on the way. I guess that makes our March on the white side and the madness is in my brain! I'll just have to have a Rueben sandwich for my March celebration!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

In my neck it means basketball - although my team, Michigan State, is falling apart.

Also means I need get my corned beef and plan my reuben party.

jmac said...

MARDI GRAS MADNESS!!! even tho I'm in Dominican republic right now, I'm tryin my damn-dest to teach these people about beads and king cake and ash Wednesday!
Suffering from major sunburn tonight.......LOVE IT!!