Thursday, December 12, 2013

Countdown, Day 12: Pewter & Parchment


Guests will soon arrive so I've assembled bits and pieces to create a table runner.
Perhaps I've gone a little mad but it's an enjoyable activity.



Planning, they say, is the best part...it opens the dreams of anticipating
what could, should, or might happen at the table.
 More than likely, though, I'll need to simplify all this as meals unfold...it's OK.


Meanwhile, I can play~~experimenting with this and that pretty tabletop thing :)


Eating and hospitality in general, is a communion,
and any meal worth attending by yourself
is improved by the multiples of those with whom it is shared.
~~Jesse Browner

+++

3 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I think your guests will love this :)

tammy j said...


if you set up a simple buffet to serve the food somewhere . . .
then you could leave everything just as it is! it's so beautiful.
they will love it!
as do i.
xo

donna baker said...

I never thought of using pewter, but I like it more than silver. Beautiful.