Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Silent For Awhile...

Abbey Style Home will be silent for awhile.


I'm an empty vessel, poured out...
So I'm going on retreat...hoping to fill myself with inspiration once again.


I'll begin by listening...
to the sounds of silence at the Grande Chartreuse monastery in the French Alps, head monastery of the Carthusian order, where Philip Groning received unprecedented permission to shoot in 2002.
 It resulted in the documentary, Into Great Silence.

Brandon Fibbs, in a review of the documentary, says it would be a mistake to say this is a silent film...rather it's a soundtrack of "sandals slapping marble, gurgling brooks, songbirds, the swish of fabric, the rustle of pages, the ringing of bells. One begins to imagine the noise light makes as it streams through windows, splashes across wood, reveals dust particles dancing in the air."

Surely, it will be an extraordinary experience.


Take care.

+++

17 comments:

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Enjoy the break Becky
Ciao Julie

helen tilston said...

Hello Becky

I loved the short video of Into the Silence. I was on a silent retreat once and it was powerful. Looking forward to your return from your retreat.
Helen xx

S. Etole said...

Blessings as you listen and fill.

jmac said...

awesome! no better way to understand yourself than to listen to your thoughts...and answer your questions in your heart.
peace to you my friend....safe travels.

The Silver Bunny said...

Something I've always wanted to do, but I have never been brave enough ..

tammy j said...

and to you dear heart.
a blessed retreat.
i cannot wait to find the film.
i'm in need of it.
xo
til then old bean.

Dawn Paoletta said...

OOOHHh, I have visited a few retreat places and one silent retreat. My fave was at a Jesuit Monastery. Jealous. Be blessed. He is in the quiet, for sure.

yaya said...

Take care Becky and enjoy your retreat.

RuneE said...

You blog when you feel like it and don't when other things matter more. Have a peaceful time, and we will still be here if and when.

Linda said...

Enjoy your quiet time, Becky.

Lynford Rozario said...

Take care Becky..!
God bless you

Twitter manager Australia

rosaria williams said...

There are times when silence is the only thing that works!

Enjoy.

Debbie said...

He speaks to us in the silent places.
God bless you dear Becky.
Love,
Debbie

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Please return Becky...we'll miss you!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Many blessings on your quiet. And enjoy the transition back to noise. :)

Fondly,
Glenda

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Enjoy!

Beth said...

Those times of silence always strengthen me and give me a renewed interest and energy in living this life I call mine. Good for you for taking time to replenish. :>)