Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Feast of Saint Patrick


May the blessings of light be upon you,
Light without and light within
And in all your comings and goings.
~~Irish blessing

St. Patrick, patron saint of Ireland,
  St. Benin's Church, Ireland. He uses the 3-leaf shamrock
 to illustrate the Holy Trinity.
 Image: wikipedia

May God grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel so nothing can harm you.
~~Irish blessing



 Everyone in town is down at T. J. Carney's Pub & Grille
where Ken McBride Himself entertains with Irish ballads,
green beer flows, and rustic soda bread turns up on tables.



Have a happy St. Pat's!

+  +  +

7 comments:

Hanne Bente said...

Nice pictures you show. I have a little St. .. Patrick figure with a lucky coin that I bought in Ireland many years ago (1996) Wish you a good Sunday :) Hugs Hanne Bente

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

And back to you, my leprachaun!

tammy j said...

the perfect irish post dear heart.
there is nothing like an irish blessing and these two are favorites of mine.
whatever the subject ~ whatever the pictures ~ i always come away feeling i've visited the abbey.
it's a happy calmness i crave. and it's here! very strange.
must be the author! LOL.
hope mr j's knee is all better now!
major green hug on this emerald day! xo

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day Rebecca!

yaya said...

I'm a bit late but I hope your St. Patty Day was great! I made Irish soda bread on Sunday but gave it away today. I made cabbage but no corned beef since I'm the only one who likes it. But what I really craved was a Rueben..yum, my fav sandwich!

zanetastyle said...

Oh my , must make soda bread as that is one of my favorites for sure...my long ago days of living in Dublin, I will never forget(:
hugs Z

helen tilston said...

A belated St. Patrick's day wish to you. Those blessings are powerful.
Helenx