Friday, February 15, 2013

Drinking in the Colors

We have a new tourist venue in downtown historic Venice this season: The Daquiri Deck Raw Bar.
It's hardly historic but decidedly refreshing. I can just look at the colors on the wall where
the daquiri mixes swirl in their frosted tubs and feel much cooler.
 I asked the manager if I could photograph them and he said OK.
 
 
 


 
 

I ordered the Banana Slider (not pictured) but soon got brain freeze and left it on the counter
because my camera battery went dead.
After all, my mission was to capture the colors, not the drink.
 
Then, I drove away to Sharky's and ordered a Bushwacker
 (a creamy coffee-flavored adult milkshake)
and drank it slowly while sitting on the top deck overlooking the sea.
 
+++
 



14 comments:

RuneE said...

And the colours you DID get!

yaya said...

Sounds like a fun and colorful way to do the day....Enjoy the warmth and that milkshake sounds delish!

jmac said...

mmmmmmm..bushwackers!!! My fave drink out in the carribean. So much so that I've perfected them at home too!!

Linda said...

Unusual colours that go with the names of a few of the drinks. Your experience is a new one to me, but it sounds like you had a fun time.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

What is in the Bushwacker ... sounds fun.

Fondly,
Glenda

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

So...those are huge vats of ekectric colored daquiris?


I dunno....I think I would go for the bushwacker....and a recipe please and thank you!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

The purple haze looks good :)

rosaria williams said...

Ahhhh! All good enough to plaster those four walls of mine needing a fresh coat. Now, how do I select?

Rick Watson said...

I get brainfreeze when I eat homemade ice cream, but it's a small price to pay.

Annmarie Pipa said...

how fun!! I go with the margarita...

tammy j said...

yum. pina colada. anything with coconut and i'm there!
wonder what dye is used for the electric colors though? hmmmmm.
very pretty! but healthy? LOL.

Linda said...

A fun post...and great colours!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

7am and I'm picking out which one I want to order. What does that say about me?

Debbie said...

Sounds like a fun place.
The next time you get a brain freeze, drink a cup of warm water right away...it counter acts the constricted blood vessels.
Hugs to you, Becky.
xxoo