Sunday, December 2, 2012

Countdown, Day 2: Jewelry for the House

It's always fun to open the storage boxes marked "Christmas" to rediscover old family favorites.
 I confess to editing a few things and changing the style a bit each year..
 Over the month of December, this Charlie Brown of a tree
 will evolve and fill out. 
 
 
 Christmas tree ornaments and small gifts set on stacked cake plates
 create eye candy for a sofa table tableau...
 
 
...and computer printouts of music manuscripts wrap small presents
 for our annual Christmas Eve Family Trivia game.

The best part of the day is in the early-morning dark~~
when there's time for sipping fresh-brewed coffee by the light of the Christmas tree.
 
+++

10 comments:

RuneE said...

I envy you. At the moment we will have to settle for singing "white Christmas" and shovelling snow :-)

helen tilston said...

You eye candy vignette is stunning.
Your post is getting me in the mood and I shall open my Christmas boxes today.

Helen xx

Leslie said...

Lovely decorations. I really like the idea of the musical wrapping paper!

The Silver Bunny said...

Ah, that decor is just perfection !

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

You do love your early mornings.

You photo looks like a magazine cover ... all those years of experience! Must be fun to be using it in your own home.

Fondly,
Glenda

yaya said...

So elegant! You have a great talent for decorating. I would love to sit by your tree early in the morning! My early mornings are filled with getting ready for work and heading out while it's still dark! I'll think of you enjoying your time and smile!

jmac said...

oooooooooooo...beautiful!
Yet, my eye candy comes late at night, after the hub-bub of the day is done. tv's are off. computers are off. lights are off..except for the warm glow of the Christmas lighting. That's my special time...when it's just me and the softness of blurred lighting to take me deep into the burrows of my mind.
Sometimes, I wish I had the lights up year round. Such a comforting time...

rosaria williams said...

Inspirational! Usually I hate putting up a lot of stuff. These vignettes are definitely caught my eye.

Hanne Bente said...

Hello Becky
Great pictures showing the Christmas spirit - I love the run up to Christmas ....... but not stressful and gift race.
Wish you a good day / good new week :)
Hugs Hanne Bente

Barefoot from Heaven said...

Ohhh wow what a good idea to print out such cool paper. I'm locking that one in my mind. Thanks.

And I love the display like that.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Dagmar