Monday, April 4, 2011

The simplest things...

...are sure to please me.


...like awakening, surrounded by soft morning light and a color that breathes oxygen.
...like watching this spiral sculpture spin slowly in the breeze.
...opening windows.

 
...like lying in bed, listening to mourning doves whirring on the window ledges outdoors.
Resting my eyes on the Mark Rothko print
I bought at the Guggenheim but left in the yellow cab.
Remembering the friend who retrieved it for me.

...like wandering into the garden and discovering fuchsia blooms among lime greens,
a miracle after a freezing winter destroyed our Christmas Tree palms.

...like backyard blooms decorating a dinner for four.
Afternoon light streaming across the table.

'Tis a gift to be simple,
'tis a gift to be free.
~~Shaker hymn

14 comments:

mermaid gallery said...

sigh! it all looks heavenly....such wonderful blossoms....such a nice morning....it is like mid winter here today...snowing and blowing...you took me away there...always love visiting! hope the rest of your day is just as nice!

B. Meandering said...

Your bedroom looks like a wonderful, soothing place to sleep and reflect. I really like the blue and white and I'm big on cool 'stuff' that hang and twirl in the breeze.
The flowers are beautiful and you chose a lovely way to display them--an Oriental touch.

mise said...

What a perfectly beautiful place you have, both inside and out. May we see more of it? That bedroom would get the day started with such peaceful grace.

Donna said...

Yopua re making me Soooo jealous!! I can hardly wait....al those things are my favorites too Becky! There is NOTHING like fres air and there is NOTHING like hearing the birds sing in the morning. I love your spiral...neat!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi dear Becky
Love those fuchsia petals.. how beautiful!!! and now I'm here I just saw the image from last post again.. I just love it.. wonderful blues.. I agree with Mise.. we need to see more!! haha

Thanks for the kind blog birthday wishes and thanks for being a regular!! ciao xxx Julie

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Beautiful post, Becky. I am a simple girl, too.

Fondly,
Glenda

ps. Glad you got your paint back from the taxi.

RuneE said...

The simplest things are often the best. Both in photographical compositions (like here) and elsewhere in life.

rosaria said...

Beautiful! A great reminder that we are surrounded by beautiful creations all around us.

Leslie said...

such lovely soothing blues...

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ahhh. Bliss. Wrapped in fuschia.

Linda P said...

Beautiful examples of the gift of simplicity to be thankful for.

Midlife Jobhunter said...

Tis best when we recognize simple beauty. Always to calming to visit here.

Jeanne Klaver said...

A breath of heaven is what I feel when I visit you!

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Oh my, beautiful!!! Love love love the colors used. Just soooooo pretty!!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)