Saturday, March 6, 2010

Botany Desiring


No matter how long the winter,
Spring is sure to follow.

+Proverb

Phalaeonopsis (moth) orchids, resemble the shapes of moths or butterflies. They're the most resilient members of the orchid family and make ideal gifts for family and friends--especially those with cabin fever.

I wonder if this intergeneric hybrid orchid was developed in an abbey garden...the label that came in its container says, "K34P, BROTHER LAWRENCE 'B#1' x DTPS. BROTHER LOVE ROSA 'B#1' 6/8/05"

9 comments:

Tina Steele Lindsey said...

Oh don't get me started! I want to faint every time I see an orchid. This photo is so beautiful!

Susan Erickson said...

gorgeous colour..love the pink blush...very sensual

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

What a face! Smashing!

Barefoot from Heaven said...

Hi Abby, what a wonderful picture. Yea I know spring will follow winter times yet it seems so so far away. But let's all hang in there right? Dagmar

Ribbon said...

I love the blend of colour.

I think you're on the right track with the thought that it may have been developed in an Abbey... but I have no real clue about this.

Autumn here, but no real sign of it as yet :)

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Becky
As you know I am dreading winter and could do the spring summer thing all over again... Love the orchard... such incredible flowers.. I had one once.. and of course killed it... not sure I should try again at this point haha will enjoy yours instead.. Have a great weekend.. xx Julie

Tonia said...

Lovely to see you over at my blog Becky - loving yours! Aren't orchids wonderful things?

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Becky
sorry came back to comment on your comment. I love watching planes also.. I live very close to the airport and we can see the planes from the beach!!! meant to mention that but it was getting longwinded..

Have a great week xx Julie

Jeanne Klaver said...

Orchids are my favorite. They're so hardy, strong, beautiful. This one is exquisite.