Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Simple Bed

Nuns fret not at the convent's narrow room;
And hermits are contented with their cells.

-William Wordsworth

I confess. The only abbey-style bedroom I've seen is a monk's cell in a monastery museum in France. However, the experience was stunning enough to inspire a similar practice of simplicity at home. My uncluttered bedside table prepares my soul for peaceful, lightly-packed travels into the land of dreams. I like to light a candle before sleep, gaze into the flame, and count the good things of the day.

4 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Lovely thoughts make lovely dreams!
Nice nighttime ritual you have.

lakeviewer said...

Lovely ritual, indeed.

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

sleep tight...dream big!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI Becky
It's true isn't it the bedroom should be pared back to keep it relaxing... I tend to alternate between 'things' and 'nothing'.. it my usual routine in life.. hehe Take care.. sleep well!!